My approach to life is guided by 5 principals (5 BE’s):
- Be Simple - Large doors swing on small hinges (problems)
- Be Confident - Know you can. Trust you can. Practice so you can (attitude)
- Be Focused - Limit the scope to whats manageable and what produces the most immediate feedback (productivity)
- Be True - True To Self. True To Others. Seek truth in every situation as it’s the only effective way to diagnose reality (character)
- Be Consistent - Habits done consistently produce effectivity (actions)
Six core values
- Radical Candour - caring for others requires candid communication.
- Mutual Purpose - manage the stories we tell ourselves about others. In conflict seek to understand your purpose and that of the other person.
- Psychological Safety - the effectiveness of our thinking relates to how we treat one another
- Extreme Ownership - if the team fails it’s my fault. I own the communication both up and down the chains.
- Innovation - if a team is not innovating they are stagnating
- Fast Decision Making - spike and stabilize